View Single Post
Old 01-16-2017, 04:09 PM   #10
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Buy some chicken pieces, theighs, legs what ever, boil it like you are making chicken soup do NOT add salt or onions. After the chicken is cooked let the broth cool, skim off all the fat, add a couple of table spoons of broth to Thumper's water. This worked for me when Cody came home from major surgery and was not drinking water.

Several years ago I had a pack of 3 girls, the two older ones passed 6 months of each other, my 6 year old was the baby, she grieved the loss of her two sisters, she was my little clown, now she was a sad, depressed little girl, she wasn't eating, I had to hand feed her. I would come home from work, she wasn't there to greet me. I could not grieve the loss of my two girls because I didn't want this baby to feed off my sadness. I gave Schnae 6 months to adjust to being the only child. On her daily walks we did not walk the same route we did when her sisters were alive. I donated all the beds and bought her a new one. After work I spent all my time cuddling and talking to her.Week ends I took her to parks that she had never been to. Nothing worked, she was not the girl she use to be, my little clown was gone. 7 months later she was still the depressed,grieving little girl, I knew I had to get her a buddy. I found the perfect girl for her, Matese, a very LARGE 8 week old baby, I didn't know how Schnae would take to now playing the momma roll as my two older ones always babied her, cleaned her face and took care of her. I bought Matese home and it was LOVE at first sight, there was NO jumping on the sofa to get away from the wild child, Schnae ran to this new puppy like it was a long lost friend. Schnae was alive and HAPPY for the first time in 7 months, all I could do was cry I was soooo happy I had my little clown back.

Ashley, I tell you this story to let you know Thumper is grieving greatly, him and Boomer were very close, it will take a long while for Thumper to adjust. Hopefully you will find another baby to be Thumper's BFF. I know how painful it is for you to see Thumper so depressed, I lived it also. I don't have to tell you to show him as much attention as you can, I know you are, I know how much you love your boys. Hopefully your vet will have some advise for you. Stay strong for Thumper. (((hugs)))
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!