View Single Post
Old 01-16-2017, 12:12 AM   #3
Veemo
Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by richards6402 View Post
I fly with my Yorkies all the time and got something from the vet just to calm their nerves. I wouldn't suggest using Benadryl to calm nerves. I'm sure others will suggest what they use.
Can I ask what the med is called? I'm guessing he'd need an actual prescription then right? I was hoping to find something online I could get him to avoid having to take him into a vet here. My main vet is back at home but hasn't seen him ever yet, since I just got him in May. He's due back in April for his shots, where I'll get them done there as well as an annual check-up. I can ask him then if something more heavy duty is needed.

And tonight, I actually gave him a little bit of benedryl while I had to drive across town for 45 minutes. He almost always throws up in his carrier I think from nerves, since he's never thrown up when he's sitting in a lap. I'm almost positive he's not car sick because he did perfectly fine on a 23 hour long car trip from Texas to Cali without any throwing up, and he sat in my lap the entire drive. I think his carrier makes him nervous still and he literally makes himself sick. However, tonight on the way back, the Benedryl made him super relaxed and actually lay down and chill. Completely opposite from the car trip there.

Still not sure though if this is best for nerves. I don't mind him sleeping through all the car and flight trips since I think it'd work... and it's a cheaper alternative to expensive dog medication. But i definitely want the safest thing for him too.
Veemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!