Thread: Advice please
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2017, 05:29 PM   #8
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

When I had one yorkie she was 3 years old when I got my 2nd yorkie at 8 weeks old, when that one was 3 years old I bought my 3rd 8 week old yorkie puppy home. My experience with bringing home a new kid was, the older one / ones would stay UP on the sofa, away from pouncing, nipping wild child. It took about 2 months for the older girl / girls to stay on the floor with baby jaws. My older girls were very well socialized with ppl and all animals, there was NO jealousy between them, NEVER a fight, growl, snarl between them. They all ate side by side, NEVER stole food from anthers dish,each had their own beds but would all pile up in one bed lol, they LOVED each other. Each had their own place beside me or in my lap. Ruger at 2 years old is still a playful puppy and likes other dogs. I believe he will do just fine with a BFF. Now it's not gonna happen over night, Ruger will stay away from the pounce in your face puppy. Make sure Ruger has a safe place where he can get away from the new kid, always make Ruger first, first to be greeted if you leave them to run chores, first to get a treat, first to be feed. It may take 6 weeks to 2 months for Ruger to stay on the floor in the same room as the baby, do not force him to be friends, let Ruger make friends on his own.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!