Thread: Ant
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2017, 05:04 PM   #5
Ant
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Thank you for your replies.

The reason she wasn't spayed earlier was because she was recovering after a severe reaction to a heartworm drug. I used a different vet to my current vet, and the former vet gave her the heartworm pill without my consent during one of her puppy shots. It took her all of 12 months and a special diet to recover, and then her season began. I very nearly lost her.

The vet did examine her a day after I posted this thread and found nothing wrong. According to him some small breed dogs do yelp when getting uterus contractions during a season because of a low pain threshold, especially during a first season. He also confirmed that this is indeed her first season, and pointed out that her nipples were still undeveloped (just little dots with no tissue). They have developed now since her visit to the vet, and are now actual little nipples. He has agreed to spay her at the end of her season, which will be about two weeks from now.

I now have an embarrassing question. She is now on her eleventh day of season, and wants to get to a male urgently. Obviously that is impossible, since I do not want her to have puppies. She cannot get out to try and find a male, so she tries to use my arm as a substitute. She gets very desperate, and hyperventilates when she is like that. Is there anything at all that I can do to alleviate this? Any medicine that she can take perhaps? The vet says to let her be and that she will get over it, but I feel so sorry for her.

Finally, she was fine after the grape seed. The vet says that grape seeds don't have the same effect as grapes or grape juice, because the chemical construction of grape seeds differ from that of grapes.

Thanks again for your advice,

Ant
Ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!