View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 01:52 PM   #7
canana
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LokiesMom View Post
Thank you for the tip about Pet Smart. I will try that. One thing I didn't say was that I've had Lokie for nine months. He is eating just is very picky when it comes to dog foods. I didn't want you to think he was wasting away. I want him to get good nutrition not just calories.
This is what I did as well! Scottie was a super picky eater as a puppy. I made the mistake of changing his kibble too many times though. It ended up giving him upset stomach. So finally I chose a high quality kibble and just stuck with it.

Oh the things I tried to entice him to eat. I even make loud eating noises, pretending to eat his kibble! haha...

Now, he's become stable and eating regularly. Three brands (out of the 5 or 6 they tried) that worked well: Acana, Orijen, and Fromm (what they eat now). I soak his kibble in warm for about 5-10 minutes for each meal. I also sprinkle some Nature's Farmacy ProbioticMax supplements daily onto his dinner, which has been working great for his digestion.

Not that I'm suggesting you get a second dog. But when baby Casie came along, who eats like a pig by the way, metaphorically and literally (she eats really loud), Scottie had no choice but to eat quickly or she'd try to steal his food. lol
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!