View Single Post
Old 01-02-2017, 07:26 AM   #4
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

I have had two mini schnauzer, not at the same time lol. I had bought a mini schnauzer and a poodle on the same day, they were both 8 weeks old lol. I couldn't make up my mind which one I wanted more, so I bought them both lol, insane? yes lol. .....There are members on YT that have yorkies and MUCH larger dogs...... I had a 6 yo yorkie who lost her older sisters 6 months apart, he grieved for 7 months, she was my little clown, but became very withdrawn when her sisters passed away. I went on a quest to find her a buddy. I found a VERY LARGE 8 week old yorkie, she was going to be a BIG girl, my 6 yo weighed 9 pounds, the new kid as an adult weighed in at 17 pounds, she was VERY gentle with my older one, they played and wrestled but the BIG baby respected my older one and was very gentle with her. Hopefully your schnauzer will be the same. 3 days, that is nothing, you need much more time then just 3 days. Just do NOT force your boy into making friends, let HIM be the judge on that. You say when you hold the puppy he comes and sniffs her, that is a GOOD thing. He will make friends by taking baby steps, let him have this time, you will see, they will be good friends.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!