View Single Post
Old 01-02-2017, 07:18 AM   #4
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronh90 View Post
Many thanks Wylie for your reply, we didn't want to return to the vets as they never seem to get to the bottom of it...just charge a lot of money !!

I just showered him using a shampoo which treats any antifungal infections on the skin. We used it before and it cleared it up, but you are right, it must be an allergie which has brought it back for the second time. It flared up the first time
shortly after a visit to a new groomers. So we also got a sensitive shampoo. We are going to swap our detergent and fabric conditioner and clean our bedding and his and see if that makes a difference using a sensitive one.

He does lick his paw all year around, he gets obsessed with it can get quite nasty when you try to stop him. We have been to the vets various times and they haven't really helped to find out why he is doing it. I have just bought Yumega dog supplement for itchy dogs, and using this on his food now, my friend had the same issue and she said he has now stopped doing it.
You're very welcome .

Paw licking/chewing in dogs is actually the cardinal sign for allergies. Histamine reactions in dogs occur partly in the paws - and this causes them their paws to feel extremely irritated and uncomfortable - this is why they need to chew/lick...they're doing it for some relief.

You have to treat the allergies for him to get relief. Start here:

http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/die...tart-here.html

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!