View Single Post
Old 01-02-2017, 05:53 AM   #2
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Welcome to YT.
Calvin is afraid of the puppy most likely because as puppies they do not smell like a DOG, they have a puppy scent which your dog cannot identify. Have no fear, Calvin will adjust to the new kid. Do not force the puppy on Calvin or visa-versa, let Calvin go to the puppy on his time and his terms. Make sure Calvin has a safe haven, a place he can get away from the puppy and feel safe. For my older girls it was the sofa lol. Calvin is not use to a pouncing puppy, it may take up to two months for Calvin to stay on the floor with the baby. I had a pack of 3 females, all 3 years apart all now passed. Each time I would bring a new baby home the older one/ ones would head for the hills (the sofa lol) my girls were very sweet, loving babies, very socialized with ppl and all animals. It took my older girls 2 months to stay on the floor with the wild kid that loved to pounce in the older girls face and nip at their body parts as one of them would pass baby jaws. Take it slow with them, always make Calvin #1, first to be patted when you go out and return home, 1st to get a treat, etc. Calvin doesn't "hate" the puppy, he's just scared of him because he doesn't know it's a DOG lol. You will see, they WILL be BFF, it just takes a little bit of time.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!