View Single Post
Old 12-15-2016, 09:24 AM   #1
Namor
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default Help me make a topknot decision

Ok YorkieTalk friends. I need some comments here. I know you're not shy. I'm thinking about cutting off Deuce's topknot. I have been keeping his coat shorter this year to stay on top of any fleas or ticks. On occasion I have been known to get scissor happy but I'm not sure about doing this. The reason I'm considering a topknot cut is because I'm going to have total ankle replacement on Feb. 1 and I know I'm gong to be a mess for about a good 1-2 weeks. Presently I groom Deuce daily and end up doing his topknot about 3 or 4 times a day. My hubby is all thumbs when it comes to doing the job. Part of my concern is that I do not cut around Deuces snout or eyes at all right now. I am not sure the top knot hair will stay back if I don't cut into the bridge of his nose between his eyes. I don't want to have to do that. Deuce has a very dense coat on his head. Have any of you gone through this? Will I be sorry I cut it? I know I have seen a few show dogs get a crew cut when they were done in the show ring. Please let me hear FOR or AGAINST doing this. I'm attaching a pic of his current cut.

We wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy 2017!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Deuce3small.jpg (35.5 KB, 49 views)
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!