Thread: Why Breed?
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2006, 02:52 PM   #14
Princessyorkies
Owned by my Furbabies

Quote:
Originally Posted by lksdolls
I probably should just keep my mouth shut, but am having a difficult time doing that. I don't refer to myself as a breeder. I raise yorkies, home raise them in my home, just as if they were my own children. I help with the birth until they are adopted. And I check up on my babies long after they leave my next. Yes, I do it for the money, but I'm not making my living from it as most breeders are and I'm told our pups are reasonably priced and have yet to have a disappointed buyer. And, I might add that I have given away some pups to those who have lost their yorkie so it isn't just about the money. The puppies help to fill in the cracks when money is tight around here, which is most of the time. We raise yorkies for loving pets, not for show, and, because we love the breed. Does that mean our quality isn't up to your standards? Probably, but it doesn't mean we don't have quality pups. Does that mean I'm a fake breeder to your standards? Probably, BUT, more importantly, I'm a very caring person who takes very good care of our furbabies and tries to raise them to be socialable, as well as adorable. Am I an expert to your standards? No, but I have studied about yorkies, their potential health problems, etc., and, I seem to have a natural instinct when it comes to animals, and people, and that's why I have a vet. I won't sell to just anyone to make a buck. There are buyers, and then there are buyers. If the table was turned, based on your post, breeders shouldn't sell unless the buyer had studied and knew the breed inside and out. I have spent hours educating new owners. I have actually returned deposits because I didn't feel it was right. And I DO care about the future of our litters. Please don't be offended by my post. JMO

I loved what you said and how you said it and although I am sure there are several on here that will not agree with you on many topics, I think what you said it how it is. :a big hug to you.hug:
I also raise yorkies and NONE of them are in kennels, as they are all raised in my home. This way they get lots of socialization and love. I have been doing this about 8 years and I love my fur babies, I love the breed and I DO try to better what is out there. That is all I will say on this as to not start a big fight so to speak as I am sick and tired of people who think they know it all... ....
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!