View Single Post
Old 12-14-2016, 10:42 AM   #6
bjh
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

I am so sorry you baby is having teeth problems. My advise for you is to get a second opinion. Unless all his teeth are loose, he should not need all of them pulled. Is he able to eat okay right now? If he is not in any immediate pain I would recommend buying some Oratene Veterinarian Drinking Water Additive from RevivalAnimalHealth.com. This additive will help remove some of the plaque and also inhibit the odor causing bacteria. I think using this for a little while before having his teeth pulled might make the cleaning easier and help lessen the chance of infection.

I have been raising yorkies for 20 years so over the years I have had some that have lost their teeth. I do agree with others that it seems to be genetic in some cases. The smaller yorkies tend to have more problems. My first yorkie lived to be 16 and she did not have any teeth at the time she passed away and I have a couple of older ones right now that have lost their teeth but all are able to eat just fine and they still love their dry food. They also eat soaked Blue Buffalo mixed with a little canned Pedigree chicken and rice. At first after having their teeth pulled mine did not eat a lot but after a few days they were completely back to eating normally.

It is crazy how much some of these vets charge. My vet charges only $5 per tooth when he does any extractions. I guess it all depends on the area you live in. I hope everything works out for you. Please keep us updated.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!