View Single Post
Old 12-14-2016, 06:51 AM   #11
furbaby4ever
Yorkie Talker

Default Bully sticks and diarrhea

Well, it's been a few weeks since I originally posted my question about bully sticks and I have been to the vet because my little one continued to have on and off diarrhea even when I didn't give her the bully stick. She would be fine for a few days on rice and chicken and then the loose stools would come back. So she was given antibiotics and probiotics and special food for a week and I was to slowly introduce her regular kibble back into her diet. All went well while she was on her pills and then two days after she was off them, the diarrhea came back. Yesterday she finished her second course of antibiotics and I have her on a limited diet with a new protein she has never had before in case she is allergic to something. All is well so far but she has not been off the pills for 2 days yet. I was feeding her Blue Buffalo and Wellness and read all sorts of problems some people have had with feeding Blue Buffalo so I am not going to give her any more of that food. I am really hoping that the Blue Buffalo is the cause and not an allergy as that would be the easiest to remedy. As far as the Bully sticks go, my vet didn't think that would be the cause and I do love them for cleaning her teeth while I brush her daily. However, I would like to try those Hybrid antler horns if I can find them. Thanks for all your ideas.
furbaby4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!