Thread: Why Breed?
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2006, 02:35 PM   #12
lksdolls
YT 1000 Club Member

Default Breeders vs breeders

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangbee
I don't think anyone should breed unless they know what they are doing.
There are Breeders & then there are breeders. There is a difference.

Breeders, breed and keep the quality of the breed. They have the understanding & expertise of the breed. It takes years of studying,
and can not in any way all be learned in a short period of time.

Then you have the breeders, who some might have an understanding of what they are doing, but really have no idea. Some see $$$$$, some just see cute little puppies. But it takes knowledge, and the sad thing is only a fraction of the people have that. It's much more than putting a male & female together.

I prefer to stick with real Breeders, they know what they are doing, and care about the future of their litters. When I started looking for Princess, I was searching Breeders, not puppies. I knew when I found a Breeder, I would also be getting a quality furbaby.
I probably should just keep my mouth shut, but am having a difficult time doing that. I don't refer to myself as a breeder. I raise yorkies, home raise them in my home, just as if they were my own children. I help with the birth until they are adopted. And I check up on my babies long after they leave my next. Yes, I do it for the money, but I'm not making my living from it as most breeders are and I'm told our pups are reasonably priced and have yet to have a disappointed buyer. And, I might add that I have given away some pups to those who have lost their yorkie so it isn't just about the money. The puppies help to fill in the cracks when money is tight around here, which is most of the time. We raise yorkies for loving pets, not for show, and, because we love the breed. Does that mean our quality isn't up to your standards? Probably, but it doesn't mean we don't have quality pups. Does that mean I'm a fake breeder to your standards? Probably, BUT, more importantly, I'm a very caring person who takes very good care of our furbabies and tries to raise them to be socialable, as well as adorable. Am I an expert to your standards? No, but I have studied about yorkies, their potential health problems, etc., and, I seem to have a natural instinct when it comes to animals, and people, and that's why I have a vet. I won't sell to just anyone to make a buck. There are buyers, and then there are buyers. If the table was turned, based on your post, breeders shouldn't sell unless the buyer had studied and knew the breed inside and out. I have spent hours educating new owners. I have actually returned deposits because I didn't feel it was right. And I DO care about the future of our litters. Please don't be offended by my post. JMO
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!