View Single Post
Old 12-11-2016, 11:50 PM   #45
lillymae
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyDad View Post
Thanks everyone. I guess it's time to be more strict about making him go outside. We have a fenced in yard and I've been hestitant about letting him out there alone before because we have hawks flying around. But I haven't seem them in the winter months, and now that he's bigger I hope he's too big for them to try anything. I guess we'll see how he does going out in the yard by himself with close supervision from the window..
Hawks are deff out there in the winter so DON'T let your guard down.Close supervision from the window will NOT save him from a hawk. A hawk will take him from rite in front of you so monitoring from the window won't help. I live in Idaho & I actually see more of them in the winter months then in the summer. My DH & I went for a drive about 40 min or so & we counted 9 hawks & our temps have been in the teens & 20's & the ground is covered in snow. On a daily basis we have 3 diff hawks in & out of my yard, winter or not. We deff use snow coats here in the winter & my smallest is 3.4 lbs at the moment. My babies deff do not like the cold but with their coats on they are eager to go out for a potty/poo. Any way, I am a firm believer in NEVER letting them out unatended as is't just not safe for these little ones.
lillymae is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!