Thread: Jendas Yorkies
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2006, 12:36 PM   #6
Lorraine
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

When you are looking at websites you want to see puppies perhaps sold before and more important the adults. Puppies are cute but what will they look like full grown? Is this a reasonably good Yorkie even ones for pet?
It has taken a while for me to establish my line. I have a certain type that I breed for and keep in my show dogs. The ones I have sold for pet, I am told by their owners, when they run into someone else with one of my dogs can look at it and will ask them if theirs came from me as they recognize it is very similar to theirs that they got from me. This is true of many show breeders for those they have sold for pet. they are still pet quality but very nice pet quality, look like Yorkies with no doubt that they are purebred registered. Over the years I think my puppies I have sold for pet have improved in type along with the show dogs I have kept of my breeding. I learned that from a show breeder, it isn't just your show dogs you want to focus on, also see how the ones are turning out that you sold for pet.
When I look for other bloodlines to bring into mine, I look for similar type and find it. I like to see the prospective stud I want to use, especially see it in the rings so I can see for myself movement animation etc. I compare what this stud has to offer to what I have and want to improve. Pedigree on that stud is important and I also want to know the dogs that make up that pedigree. If the stud has been used for breeding before, then it is really important for me to see what he has produced with different bitches. If the stud isn't local, I like to ask a friend that has seen it what they think of it.
With that mating I am hoping for a show quality. Doesn't always work out that way and what I have that isn't show quality again are exceptional pets. And no, I don't charge more because there are champions in the pedigree. I wouldn't be breeding them at all if there weren't champions there.
The only time the price is higher is when I have a known show dog I am selling to a known show home and have been convinced that I can trust them with my line and the lines that established my kennel name.
Otherwise they are sold for pet either already spay/neutered or with non breeding contracts if I decide to trust the buyer who is local anyway, and sold for pet prices.
Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!