View Single Post
Old 12-07-2016, 07:08 AM   #5
JennaPenny
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevstan View Post
The previous night he was up couldn't sleep wouldn't eat or drink was trying to eat grass to make himself sick which he achieved at 5am next day was eating and drinking fine.

The following day after this I took him out in the morning and had a little blood on his fur around his bum after pooping, then he went in the yard was diarrhea but no blood, took him for his 2nd walk and he was straining nothing come out but they was blood around his bum again.

So got him an emergency appointment at the vets she checked his weight,temperature and checked for tenderness all was good.

She said it is gastroenteritis and the blood is being caused by inflammation, she gave him 2 injections called Betamox LA and Zantac (Ranit), said it should clear up overnight... Didn't mention about a return visit.

He's acting his normal self and eating,drinking.

Has anyone else come across this problem?

Blood in BM from Gastro? Yes. This last bout Chewie had. It's scary, I know. Chewie was very sick, though, and the other 2 times she had this, the symptoms were mild and no blood. I can assure you that not even an hour and a half after her antibiotics she had no more blood, and not even 10 hours later she was back to running and playing. Unless it's a ton of blood from what I understand after researching, speaking to people here, AND talking to the vet, it can be very normal. I hope your little guy continues to be on the mend.
JennaPenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!