Thread: My journey...
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2016, 03:43 AM   #1
Dillydally22
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default My journey...

Since I'm new I just thought I'd tell everyone more about myself and what brings me here and how this thread helped guide me
I'm from South Carolina and in my twenties
Sorry for the bad punctuation my husband says I'm lazy I blame Steve jobs lol
A few years ago our lab passed away and it's taken this long for us to even consider getting a new puppy we decided on a yorkie because I've always found them to be so extremely beautiful! So begins the search and let me tell you...what a search it was!!! we were scammed so many times! I've never seen so many con artist that claim to be christians in all of my life lol
I had one lady tell me I would be very pleased because her puppies could practically fit in a change purse when fully grown....yeah no thanks
So we eventually found a lady in Georgia 4 hours away that had one puppy she was willing to sell I left immediately and when I got there she informed me she had sold the puppy an hour before lol a phone call would have been nice all I'm saying
So after all of this I stumbled upon this forum and I knew what to look for and what to avoid it made everything from that point on easier for me in some ways
We found yet another lady a few hours away she talked to me on the phone for about an hour and was extremely kind we arranged to meet at her house the following evening...when I arrived I was literally walking to her door and thinking of some of the stories I've read here and chanting
please don't be a puppy mill!! Over and over again lol
She met me at the door and gave me booties to cover my shoes and hand sanitizer which I took as a good sign...she had the puppies in her home and it was all extremely clean! Thank goodness....I met the puppy parents which were beautiful the mom was 6 pounds and the dad was almost 6 pounds since the puppy was just 8 weeks he wasn't ready to go he's 10 weeks now and weighs
1 pound 6 ounces ....neither she nor myself is comfortable with the puppy leaving his mama until he's 12 weeks maybe even a tad bit older...she gave me her vets information and asked for mine...she also asked for half of the payment but gave me a receipt that we both signed...im hoping he ends up being closer to the 7 pound mark than the 4 with both parents being 6 pounds and almost 6 pounds my hopes are high!
He's absolutely adorable and I can't wait to post pictures when I bring him home! This forum has so many people that are an absolute wealth of information so to every person that ever posted warning signs thank you lol
Again sorry for the horrific typing ...I'm not a full bred hillbilly just half (my dads side) jk he's a gem lol
Dillydally22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!