View Single Post
Old 11-29-2016, 11:27 AM   #19
Yorkiex
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilah Charm View Post
Holy smokes she is humongous! did the vet anticipate her delivering naturally? Woweee that is a big mama! Glad to hear she is still doing well. I know you don't want to start calcium tabs until after she gives birth but I hope you have some on hand because she looks like she will have some hungry babies to feed!
I know!! They said she has some big babies in there. He wasn't able to say by looking at the x-rays..he says she should be fine but he gave me an emergency 24 hour vet referral incase she cant deliver naturally. I have faith in her though, she can do it! (hopefully, LOL!) and actually the vet has had her on like some sort of supplement with a little bit of calcium added in since about a month ago. Everyone is super healthy and the puppies are super active moving around and kicking as well. The vet said not to take her off her vitamins until theyre done and she has about another month's worth in there to prevent pre-eclampsia and eclampsia. I had read on that too how we're not supposed to give calcium to pregnant dogs because they can get sicker from it but he said not to stop them because its such a low amount and its just there to supplement the puppy food i've been feeding her.
Yorkiex is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!