View Single Post
Old 11-23-2016, 08:39 AM   #7
canana
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by furbaby4ever View Post
Thanks for the ideas and suggestions. She seems to be ok, I am still giving her plain food but she is eating her kibble now and her stools are formed again. I will throw away the bully stick, I don't want to take the chance of it making her sick again.
It's a good idea to throw it out. My two little ones always got sick on bully sticks. And I think Wylie's Mom is right, any animal based product will collect bacteria.

Recently, I bought a bag of dehydrated chicken feet because they say the collagen in the feet is good for the pups' joints. I tested chicken feet out first, by buying them individually; they were dried in a way where I was able to break it off into smaller pieces (they usually get sick if they eat too much of any treats, so I have learned to give them a little at a time).

With the bag of chicken feet, somehow it wasn't the same hardness but rather more chewy - I couldn't break it off into pieces, so I let them chew on one foot over a span of a few days. Low and behold, they both got sick.

This also happened with those ears for chewing, no matter what animal. So I never give them animal part chews anymore. Though.. they absolutely LOVED the lamb tail chew!!

The only chew I find that they're able to chew on over and over again without getting sick so far, are the Himalayan cheese chews and antlers.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!