View Single Post
Old 11-18-2016, 06:17 PM   #1
Cats307
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Anyone give Imodium A-D for diarrhea?

Any give this to their Yorkie for Diarrhea? Couple weeks ago one of the older dogs got bloody Diarrhea and the vet recommended this. So I called today and they said go ahead and give it to Max who has loose stools(not runny just soft). But I gave at noon and they said 2 times a day but is it ok to give it now? He has the dry heaves too now and I'm figuring its from not eating or drinking all day. I'm going to see if I can get him to drink some before bed. He gets fixed on Monday so they said if he's still not good they will just do a check to figure this out. First bout had long hair in it so could be cat hair irritating his intestines...or he ate some wet cat food on Wed. night and this started the next day. Or my husband sprayed insecticide on our hibiscus trees to bring them indoors and Max was picking up the flowers as they dropped off. That's the one that worries me! My granddaughter dog just had a squeaker toy removed from her intestines. She was vomiting with loose stools too so hoping its not cat hair. He chases the cats and grabs their hair. I can see he's not feeling great but still wants to play a little. Just not sure how small he is and since its not runny bad diarrhea if I should give another dose to stay on top of the problem.
Cats307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!