View Single Post
Old 11-18-2016, 06:09 AM   #1
furbaby4ever
Yorkie Talker

Default Bully sticks and diarrhea?

Hi, this is my first post here, I'm finding it a lot more difficult than Facebook, I couldn't even manage to get a profile picture on here but will try again later. I have a 16 month old little yorkie named Mika. On Monday I noticed her stool had become quite soft and when it happened again I fed her homemade chicken and veg dinner with a little pumpkin. She was no better the next day so I began feeding her plain chicken and rice and that evening gave her half a tablet of Apo-Sulfatrim that the breeder had given to me in case she got diarrhea. By Wednesday her poops had become firm again and I included a few kibble in with her chicken. Yesterday I gave her more kibble and all was good. I let her chew on her bully stick, it's a big one that she's been working on for about a month. I let her chew on it when I brush and comb her. Around 4 a.m. she was up and had very loose bowel movement again and was licking her lips a lot. She is still running around as normal and is hungry. I've reverted back to just chicken and rice but wondering if an old bully stick might have bacteria on it. Any ideas from anyone would be appreciated. If she doesn't get better, I'll have to take her to the vet but she doesn't appear sick. Thanks.
furbaby4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!