View Single Post
Old 03-10-2006, 06:35 AM   #20
goldenray
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkieRose
Another thought..we are using the word "potential"...I was taught there was a BIG difference in the term "show potential" and "show quality"...a potential can be purchased at 12/16 weeks..and the buyer is fuller aware the pup MAY go on to develop into show quality, but they are given NO guarantee. A show quality is just that.."show quality"..at least 6 to 12 months. Teeth are in, bite is set, color, texture is not a guess..many many questions are answered by that age.
Now..IMO..if you are told up front a 12/16 week old has the POTENTIAL to develop into a show quality and you are NOT charged a show quality price..and you are willing to gamble with a 12/16 week old, perhaps you will be a winner and get a really decent pup to show, perhaps not..

Show quality is ring ready...show potential is just that, a potential who may or may not develop into a show quality..am I hung up on terms?
You summed it up perfectly. You are right though. In fact how can anyone even place a show dog unless they know it will show and have followed development to the proper age? You put your whole heart into a show dog, it is very important to do lots of research and be patient. Of course I guess it depends if this puppy was even placed as show or not too.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!