View Single Post
Old 04-22-2005, 02:11 PM   #6
Chelsie1978

There are many foods that dogs are NOT suposed to eat on those lists and Im sure that Im not the only one who has looked through the list and said "hey,my yorkie has eaten that LOTS of times".Those lists are great info but in my experience they exagerate things quite alot.Garlic is supposed to be poisenous to dogs,yet I know people who give their dogs a clove of garlic every now and again to keep the fleas away..Chocolate is also suppsed to be very poisonous,but in reality its not as deadly as it sounds (Dark chocolate is what you have to worry about).A dog would have to eat ALOT of chocolate for it to be fatal.Im a chocoholic and always have chocolate around the house and both Lady and Jess have stollen huge chunks from time to time with no problems at all...at the most,milk chocolate will make them throw up (no I dont feed them chocolate perposly..lol).My mother in law gives her dogs grapes,she always has and when I told her that they were on the "no no" list she laughed it off.She has 5 dogs the oldest is 15 and grapes has always been one of their daily treats (I dont feed mine grapes..I never have).
I think that those lists are good to have around but out of experience,half of those things arent as fatal as the list makes them sound.
Liver is on that list too and both of mine have aways eaten liver treats,milk is also on the list and mine love it,not to mention yoghurts etc..pork to,mine LOVE ham! Also,Iv seen cictric fruits on a list too and mine love oranges,strawberries,pineapple.I also saw peaches on a list once and mine love those too.Jess has a sensitive tummy,but none of the above have ever afected her.
Chelsie1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!