Thread: Oh Wookie!!!!
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2016, 09:32 AM   #1
Mercgirl
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Oh Wookie!!!!

So today Wookie surpassed herself. Of all her many antics, this was by far the funniest....I'm still giggling about it now, six hours later.

Pete and I took her for her normal walk this morning, and as it was a lovely, mild day we decided to go along the canal towpath. It's one of many great places we can take her close to home where we can let her off lead, and she can sniff and rummage in the undergrowth to her hearts content.

Towards the end of our walk we spotted, in the distance, a couple walking two spaniels heading towards us. The lady obviously saw Wookie, as she called, 'It's ok, they're friendly' which reassured us that it was fine to leave Wookie off lead. Wookie, by this time, was doing her usual thing where she lies down, totally focused on the approaching dogs, until she can jump up and bounce towards them. Sadly for one of the spaniels though, she was so well disguised lying amongst the fallen leaves, that he didn't spot her. The poor thing was so startled when our killer 9 inch high 3kg puppy suddenly leapt up out of the leaves that he jumped sideways.....straight into the canal.

Have you ever had one of those moments where your heart seems to stop, and all you can think is 'Oh My God, No!'

There were a few seconds of silence, followed by frantic splashing and thrashing as the spaniel hauled himself out of the water, and then the couple just collapsed into fits of laughter. Pete and I were saying 'Oh we're so sorry' and they were just laughing telling us not to worry, that it was the funniest thing they'd ever seen, and that both spaniels jumped into the water all the time. The spaniel, not holding a grudge at all, was by this time romping up and down the towpath with Wookie and the other spaniel, and as we were all headed back towards the same car park, we ambled the last mile together, the three dogs having a great time together.

And yes, we had the comment from both of the couple that we're getting all the time.' She's certainly changed our opinion of Yorkies!'

Well, I guess they haven't met many Yorkies that can thrown 35kg of spaniel into a canal!
Mercgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!