View Single Post
Old 11-04-2016, 05:52 AM   #1
MrsCourt
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Sad Does my yorkie have poodle in him?

Hi everyone, I have a yorkie with CKC papers, purchased directly from a breeder, but I often question if I have been duped. He is 10 lbs (at 9 months old), has a soft, wavy coat that mattes easily and is a bit fuzzy when brushed, and a very square prominent snout. There is nothing delicate about this dog! He's cute as a button, but I'm suspicious. The breeder used to be a poodle breeder, so I'm wondering if her lines got crossed at some point. She gave me copies of his alleged lineage that included champion yorkies, and I saw the two dogs she said were the parents. They were both shaved short at the time so hard to know what their coats were like but they were 5 and 6 pounds. There are a couple reasons why I care: I paid full price for a CKC registered yorkie, I wanted a more petite yorkie with long hair and a top knot, and just the principal of it. I don't want to return him (although he is very mischievous and disobedient and I think about it some days!) but I feel like I need to get to the bottom of this. Any suggestions? Also, take a look at his pics...am I crazy? Are there just yorkies that don't have the silkier coat? His coat reminds me of a Wheaton terrier's coat in terms of texture.
Attached Thumbnails
Does my yorkie have poodle in him?-fullsizerender.jpeg   Does my yorkie have poodle in him?-fullsizerender2.jpeg   Does my yorkie have poodle in him?-fullsizerender3.jpeg  
MrsCourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!