View Single Post
Old 11-02-2016, 05:00 PM   #4
caribear
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilah Charm View Post
Food is a hot topic around here and rightly so, we all want to do the best thing we can for our Yorkie's. There are a lot of different brands of food and ideals and I think when you are choosing a food it is best to think about what is important to you and go from there. Some things to think about might be brand safety; does the company you're buying from have a solid reputation or do they seem to keep popping up on the recall list? What about testing and research the facility uses to formulate your dog food? What does your dog do best on? Have healthy stool and happy tummies and actually want to eat? How is your dogs skin, coat, eyes on that diet? Itching? Weeping? Poor sheen? What stage of development is your dog at and consequently what formula is best for them? And so on and so forth but I would say start there...

And yes, my girl is a super duper picky eater who changes her mind often. Right now she is on natural balance sweet potato and chicken, Nulo small breed, fromm (I think the chicken one?) and has royal canin for Yorkshire terriers wet food morning and night. My plan? Not exactly, lol. Funniest thing happened recently- I accidentally gave her the other dogs wet food, should have been fine and she had had it before, natures variety- she looked up at me like, "your kidding right?" And just stared at me telling me with all the communication that we have developed over time, "no mom, I don't want this one, I want the other one" LOL I could not believe that girl. Buuuuut...under the yorkie spell I scraped it off her plate and got her what she wanted- her RC pate! Lol she gobbled it right up and told me thank you

No substitute for regular brushing and dental cleanings but we like ark naturals dental care treats - I didn't think she would be into them, they smell like herbs but she loves them. She also likes natural balance dental chews in duck and potato flavor. They look like little toothbrushes.

Good luck!
Yep, he is healthy. Not overly weepy eyes. Normal potty, etc. I do look at the company's info and check the life stages.

Your little one seems a lucky pup!

I don't do teeth brushing on dogs anymore. I used to before 4 kids. Now getting the 4 human kids to brush is enough for me. I have too mich to do honestly. I used to brush my collie's teeth before kids. I will look into the ark naturals and natural balance chews too.

Join today and remove this ad!