View Single Post
Old 10-30-2016, 09:50 PM   #8
Cats307
Senior Yorkie Talker

I had this problem a few months ago when Max was added to our family. The 2 shih tzus girls are 9 and 10. Always had each other. Ava was the dog that loved to play fetch and the new puppy does too...but I was sure Ava would actually hurt Max since she was so territorial. We kept them separated for a few weeks slowly introducing him. Outside wasn't too bad in the backyard but the girls got on the patio furniture to get away from the whirlwind little boy. Since Ava and Max had a love of fetch I would play with both at the same time when she could stand being in the same room with him. Everyone said walks would help but till he was fully vaccinated and since neither older dog liked walks we never did that. After about a month they could be in the same room with no one nipping or trying to hurt him. About a month after that they sleep and eat together. Was worth the effort and time keeping them apart until the girls realized he wasn't leaving. Now Ava fetches the toy p, takes it over to Max so he can bring it to me. Emma just sits and watches those crazy kids!
Cats307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!