View Single Post
Old 10-28-2016, 08:15 AM   #1
dogma42
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Sad Need help with Dog Not Eating

I adopted Bella, a 6 yr old Yorkie in March of 2016. I have 5 other dogs. I took Bella because she had been returned to the shelter 3 times because she was not housebroken and the head of the shelter begged me to take her. Ordinarily, I would not have considered such a small dog. She has gained 2.5 lbs since I have had her and is a great little addition to my family. She has gotten fussy about food in the past but has always eaten after a few days of fasting. This time, however, her appetite has not come back. After going her self tapering off eating and then not eating at all,I took her to the vet, whom I had been consulting with by phone. She just completed many tests-gastrointestinal, x-rays, bloodworm, stool, etc. There is nothing wrong with her! I did get her to eat steak, which I have been cooking for her daily. Yesterday,she started on Sucralfate 2mg, 3x a day. Today, she won;t eat anything. Also, since all this started, when she does eat, it has to be off the floor (I put it on a place mat). I tried every bowl and dish in the house but it cannot be in a dish. This is crazy! She was eating calves liver for a while but now won't touch it. I have tried every kind of food. If she has given up on the steak, I don't know what else to try. Vet said I could take her to Tufts and have here scoped. I've already spent over $1000 on this problem. I cannot afford Tufts! One other thing-she is running around and playing and barking. She has never appeared sick.Anyone have any advice?
dogma42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!