View Single Post
Old 10-26-2016, 02:49 PM   #1
CozyPeanut
Yorkie Yakker

Dog Second puppy, are we crazy?

Hi, long time since I posted though I do enjoy reading through threads frequently.
We have a 2-year old sweetie pie named Winston and YT was so helpful to us before and after we got him. He has been just a wonderful little guy and we are ready to add another one to our family. In a couple of weeks we'll go back to TyAva Yorkies, where we got Winston, and probably get another little boy. My husband and I are excited, but go through periods of thinking maybe we've lost our minds....We had 2 for years, Cozy & Peanut, but Cozy was very much my husband's and Peanut was more mine. This time we're both equally involved with Winston so the 2nd puppy will be a different situation.
Anyway...I'm looking for advice about bringing a puppy in with (spoiled, used to having undivided attention) Winston.
I know a lot of you have multiple Yorkies, does it work out well in terms of pecking order---does one have to be dominant or can you just smooch them both up equally? Winston is not an alpha personality (Cozy definitely was so there was never a question of who was in charge), and I sure don't want him to get bullied.
Any suggestions for integrating the new baby into the family, or for what to look for when we're choosing little brother?
CozyPeanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!