View Single Post
Old 03-09-2006, 10:07 PM   #13
BlumoonYorkies
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelMia
She's 11 wks old and a slight lighter on the roots of the head. Why?

You had her posting in the above picture so it is to hard to tell topline. But running around it best be level at this time or it will not ever be. We look at them from 8 weeks to 12 weeks judging them. Some we can tell at 8 weeks or sooner that it is not what we want for show. Let's say all is well at 12 weeks. Then we wait and watch and train for another couple of months. Once I take them out to training classes I watch them develope as this will let me know what to expect out of their children if I keep this one for show. MOST of the time males do not go off in the topline but girls can ever so slightly.
You also will be watching leg growth during this time. Fronts can come up first throwing the topline off for short period til the back catches up. As far as the tail goes if your serious about showing her it needs to be docked here and soon. Also why did you go to Germany for a show yorkie? Did they gaurentee this to be show? I just saw a foreign dog in the show ring not to long ago and it was excused. It could not hardly walk. I do believe most of your show breeders here breed for your best structures. As this is very important at the shows here. And we want our tails up when they are moving across the floor. All puppies should have good color, as it grows is when you can tell more of what shade of blue you do have. How much does she weigh now? And how is her movement when she is out running and playing. Floating or smaller quick steps.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!