View Single Post
Old 10-18-2016, 03:39 AM   #7
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Back in the 80's when I got my first yorkie I knew what I would be giving up, "freedom" it was a choice I made willingly. I had a pack of 3, they went where ever I went. We spent 20+years camping in travel trailer, many restaurants allowed my very well behaved girls inside, some had outdoor dining, they were allowed, I also was approached by an entertainer to see their show because he fell in love with my girls, and he offered me and my girls a spot in the club to see his show. Those girls have all passed and I had one baby left, she passed at age 17 yo in 2013. Losing her was more then devastating, I swore no more dogs, losing them had become to over whelming. I tried to console myself with the fact that I would have freedom to travel, visit friends and family that had moved to other states. Then my vet offered me a rescue baby. In a split second I had to make a decision, the 6 times a year that I would do some traveling where having a dog would be impossible and kenneling was OUT of the question. I choose to have 365 days of love, companionship from a quirky lil baby. It was not a sacrifice for me, for the several times a year to have a bit of freedom, but lose the love and happiness of being owned by a yorkie was the sacrifice, I choose accepting this rescue lil boy and my life is again complete. The 6 weeks I spent after losing my girl of 17 years was too painful, my house has become a HOME again. You have to make the choice which in YOUR life is more important, giving up some freedom, or having that hole in your heart filled with love and laughter. Good luck on making the right choice. I am against kenneling, and I personally do not trust anyone to watch over my babies, maybe because I am over protective and watch my furkids like a hawk and feel no one would watch my boy like I do, in a blink of an eye they can get into trouble.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!