View Single Post
Old 10-17-2016, 06:39 AM   #1
Beer Belly
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default A new pup ...maybe

A little background first. My Wife and I have always had a pup or two in our lives for as long as we can remember. We lost our last pup (Codi) almost one year ago. We always had a friend watch our pups when we went on vacation, but did have a bad experience with the same sitter we've used for years, and since then, will not go away unless they come with us. Our vacations are camping trips (not tenting), and we would go with friends who would take the Wife to the beach, and other activities that the pups aren't allowed, and I'd find something for myself and the pups (a park to walk ?).....I have no problem with this at all. Since we lost our Codi, we decided to take a year to ourselves. We have gone on multiple trips this year, and have done things together that we haven't in a looooong time, and thoroughly enjoyed the time we had without worry, I can't tell you how much I enjoyed this past summer with my Wife. However, we both fell the emptiness of the house, and are considering getting a pup in the Spring....considering because there is also the idea of what we will giving up once again.....the freedom to travel. So, this is our delema, fun and freedom, versus the empty hole in our lives.....I'm thinking "get the pup to fill the whole in your soul, and deal with the lack of free travel"....maybe just getting over the "won't kennel" syndrome is the answer too. Don't know what I'm looking for from your fine folks.....maybe just need to talk to those who had the same situation.....want a pup, but also want the fun summer we just experienced.
Beer Belly is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!