View Single Post
Old 10-16-2016, 09:44 AM   #1
yorkiemini
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default Recently received this from a friend re La Quinta hotels

I am a participant in a survey panel; I get surveys on everything from financial decisions to product reviews. Last week I got one on Hotel Pet policies and the questions were specific to La Quinta.

They were interested to know if my hotel preference would change under various proposed pet policies. Some of the proposed policies included:

1) limit of 2 dogs per room

2) having limited number of pet approved rooms at each site

3) offering a pet welcome basket including a dog cookie, blanket and 1 other thing

4) having a pet fee of $15/dog/night

5) having a pet fee of $25/dog/night

6) having a pet fee of $50/dog/night

7) having a pet fee of $250 with $100 refundable after inspection of room

There were several other options I can't recall, some with a waiver if you were a Rewards Elite member.

Then there was a section asking if my hotel preference would change if I was traveling WITHOUT my dogs. They wanted to know if I would be more or less likely to stay if:

1) pets were allowed on the 1st floor only

2) if pets were allowed in only designated rooms

3) if rooms were sanitized after a pet stayed in the room

4) no pets were allowed.

So clearly La Quinta is looking at a possible change in policies. I urge you to call their main office and let them know how important it is for them to maintain their no pet fee, no limit on number of dogs, no restrictions on number of available pet rooms.

I travel for agility and also across the country (coast to coast) twice a year and only stay at LQ because anywhere else would be cost prohibitive when the pet fees are added.

Changes would severely impact my ability to travel because I always take my dogs. I have 2 dogs and sometimes share a room with another agility competitor who has 2 dogs when I travel for agility. We crate our dogs at night and never leave them in the room alone.

Travel costs have already caused me to limit my competition schedule, if LQ changes their policies I probably will have to cut out travel altogether.

So speak up people, every voice heard is important
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!