Thread: Growling?
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2016, 09:15 AM   #7
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pammy2016 View Post
Our girl is about 6 and a half months old. In the recent weeks, she has developed a growling habit. For example, she loves playing with our socks if they're on the floor. She'll pick them up and chew on them and run under the bed and keep a stash. But if we would pick it up and take it away from her, she'll growl and try to be as menacing as possible and put her teeth on your foot. (not that she bites. she knows not to bite).

Is this a habit that needs broken, or is it something she'll grow out of? We aren't quite sure how to handle it. At first, it was comical. Anything that she doesn't "approve" of us doing to her (like putting her on our bed when she's not ready for bed yet, or taking something away she shouldn't be chewing), she'll act like this big dog who is going to scare us lol. But i'm starting to wonder if I should be doing something to stop this.

Any input would be appreciated!
I am not a fan of letting an older puppy growl at you. There are a few circumstances that are okay, eg playing tug of war with a toy. But not for sock chewing and resisting your attempts to correct.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!