View Single Post
Old 10-07-2016, 04:44 AM   #10
Mercgirl
Senior Yorkie Talker

Took Wookie for her post-op check at the vets today. We were slightly worried that she may have associated the vets with unpleasant things, but not a bit of it. She bounced through the door into reception, little tail wagging away, and greeted everyone enthusiastically. The receptionist remembered her name, and remarked that you'd never guess that she'd been spayed only two days before.

When we took her in to be checked by the vet, all was well. Wound is nice and clean, no signs of infection, and she's not been worrying at it at all. I did burst out laughing when the vet said about letting her take it easy and quietly and told her that the only way to keep Wookie quiet and restful would be to glue her into her basket, which was probably a bit drastic! The vet laughed and agreed that she is a lively one, and that as long as we tried not to let her run and jump if possible for the next couple of weeks, and stopped her from paddling in muddy puddles and rolling in poop ( yes, she does that, the mucky little monster!) she would be fine. I have to admit that I'm much happier that she is as bouncy as she always has been and we have to try to limit her enthusiasm than I would be if she was quiet, and subdued and clearly suffering.

These little dogs are truly amazing.....and Boy, do they ever steal your hearts!
Mercgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!