View Single Post
Old 10-06-2016, 01:28 AM   #8
Mercgirl
Senior Yorkie Talker

Thank you so much for all your good wishes. I'm happy to report that Wookie is home, and absolutely fine.

I never want to go through another day like yesterday. What made it worse was having to go to work, so I wasn't able to collect her from the vets. I was checking my e mails every five minutes at work until I heard from Pete that she'd come through the op fine, and he could pick her up in a few hours. I was also really surprised and moved by the fact that EVERYONE at work came by at some point to ask how she was. She's a little bit of a celebrity at work, and everyone knows her.

When I got home, she was standing up in her pen, a little bit wobbly, but as soon as she saw me she made her way out to give me kisses, little tail wagging away. She also then had a drink, and some of the poached chicken and rice I had prepared ready. She was clearly still a bit woozy, but she was also clearly still our Wookie!

This morning, I was woken up by a wet nose snuggling under my chin. Pete had brought her upstairs, and she was completely Wookie again. She's bright, alert, has scoffed a big brekkie, been outside for a slow amble and a pee, and doesn't seem bothered by her wound at all. The vet provided a pain killer, which she has had this morning, and all seems well.
Mercgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!