View Single Post
Old 10-05-2016, 02:54 AM   #5
JennaPenny
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkpal View Post
I've only had one dog at a time, but friends tell me it's wonderful having a well-trained adult dog when getting a puppy, because the adult dog does so much of the basic training (housebreaking, quiet vs barking, etc). I think it's quite possible that Chewie picked-up a new 'skill!' And 'treating' Piper for doing her business outside was huge in getting results when I'm home; at work, not so much---arrrggghh; that is an ongoing battle. Anyway, no matter---gooood for Chewie on her progress!
I'm also replying to the post below me about the shaking .

I really am still flabbergasted, because what else could it be? She was ready to play and getting ready to party when coming back in. Quite put out she was NOT allowed up with me when I Had my (finally!) late salad. I don't like being climbed on lol. I know I'm biased with Chewie, but all kidding aside, she IS very smart. But still, wow, that's amazing about how fast she picked that up. She spent all day partying with her pal at the daycare place, so it all makes sense.. but it's still shocking.
Oh.. today she made it clear she was a mama's girl, and only a mama's girl. I even got hugged when she was ready to do her drop "sissy" of at the light rail. Yep, around the neck. Hubby also got snorted at when I went to take her for their nightly routine (before all of this) of Nomadic Fanatic. Of course I'm always fine with hogging her lol.
As she's now 11 months old she was getting super independent there for awhile and did shadowing mama less often. However she's starting to want more cuddles lately. I was warned by trainer that the time was coming that she'll want nothing to do with any one in bouts during the day or sometimes a few days at a time. All of this new behavior is coming in at once, so I'm so relieved to come here for some ideas.
JennaPenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!