View Single Post
Old 10-03-2016, 12:37 PM   #1
sharonmcclease
Yorkie Yakker

Default GERD/Acid Reflux

Well it's Bentley's Mom again. He has GERD or acid reflux diagnosed by me not vet. He has all the symptoms and he should be on a low protein low fat diet. That's the question...I'm feeding grain free The Honest Kitchen Turkey and also Dr. Harvey's grain free just veggies...I do it half and half cause he really likes the whole veggies in Dr. Harvey's. Then I put about 3 tsp. Of Evangers 100% meat to entice him and make up for the protein that isn't in Dr Harveys. The Honest Kitchen is 29 crude protein and 18 fats per cup...but he only gets a 1/2 cup of that and 1/2 cup of Dr Harvey's which doesnt have much protein or fat at all and the little bit of Evangers meat which is 10%crude protein per 6 oz. can which makes his 1 cup of food per day. He weighs 12 lbs. And is 7 months. I would love to get some feedback and suggestions about what would be good for Bentley. I really don't Want to put him on those prescription diets recommended by vets cause I know they are mainly junk! But I want to make sure he is getting what he needs since he is just a 7 month old puppy.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!