View Single Post
Old 10-01-2016, 07:32 AM   #8
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Hi Yvonne,

You're very smart to also test for both thyroid and diabetes bc as you probably know by now, both of those are very common in Cushingoid dogs, unfortunately. Especially hypothyroid.

It can't hurt to do the Cortisol-Creatinine Urine test. Although it's not diagnostic, it would be just another marker to point you in a direction, one way or another - and that's helpful. The ACTH will really tell you some good info though - unless it's truly "borderline/intermediate", in which case you then have to consider Atypical Cushings (won't even start with that at this point, lol!). Keep us posted on the results...I hope it goes well and that the tranquilizer helps her too; I think it will. They get a bit loopy, for sure, and wobbly -- but it will keep her internally quieter and better equipped to handle the stress.

Ya know, they never do seem too concerned w/ the possibility of tumors themselves; I think mainly this has to do with the fact that even if there is one, they don't usually do anything for it. But usually, they don't even find one, to be honest. Wylie's glands looked totally normal! Weird, eh? But that's par for the course for the utter unpredictability that Cushings can bring. It can be so confusing.

When will you get the ACTH results, do you know? The wait can be tough. I also had to later wait for Atypical Cushings test results, which took FOREVER. Sigh! Could be worse though...at least it's a manageable disease. Wylie has now had it for almost 8 years, and he has thrived nonetheless.

Hang in there - hugs!

Ann

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!