Thread: What to do
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2016, 10:26 AM   #6
rjwalt
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgidget View Post
I need for her to use the pee pads when we're at home. I'm getting ready to move into an apartment and there is a "designated area" on the property where I must take her to pee and poop. First thing in the morning, I put her in the bathroom section of the apartment, close the door, fix my coffee and come back to find that she's done both. But when she's in the living room she'll do her poop just a foot or two outside on the carpet. She eats as needed all day long so there's no scheduled time to eat and then poop. Any suggestions for getting her to understand that she can't poop on the carpet?
Make sure she goes before you let her roam free. Of course we have a yard so My guy has always associated potty time with outdoors so it s easier for us because I just let him out to potty before I let him out of his crate to run around. He's only a year old.

Get in the habit of making her stay in the designated potty area until she does something before you let her roam, and regularly put her in that area mid play or just because to give her an opportunity to relieve herself and at random times to cement the fact that this area is where she needs to go.
rjwalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!