View Single Post
Old 09-20-2016, 05:29 AM   #11
Magnus
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybear View Post
Bella is definitely a special puppy ... All my dogs are family ... we always joke that our first puppy ( age 11 now) is my " first born". People always think all puppies are the same but it is not true - their personalities are just as different as those of humans and it is not possible to change that with training. I fostered a lot of dogs and puppies over the years and some just did not fit into our family. Bella might not be easy to potty train due to her upbringing ( it will take a while - no doubt about it !) but her personality is a good match for us. She is not mouthy - she licks gently, she just loves people big and small and she loves a warm lab to sleep on- she is playful but not hyper. She plays with our other girl and snuggles up with the boys at night. I think she will like to bark which is un-avoidable having a Lhasa as a big brother I guess and ... she IS a yorkie after all but I don't think we could find a better puppy. Our old doggies won't be around forever ( they are 11 and 13 years old) and then Pixie will need a friend to grow old with - my hubby is usually the one complaining abut our " Zoo" but he insists on keeping Bella - so welcome home little girl ... A new harness is ordered and a vet appointment made ... meeting the groomer in 2 weeks ... the last person inquiring about adopting Bella seemed concerned about her ears and tail... - being a protective mom I told them that floppy ears are way cuter and that we love her tail just the way it is ( seriously such an adorable waggy tail :-) ) - this person seriously suggested tail amputation to match the standard .. I hung up on her ...
Wow..... How about we amputate one of her fingers and see how she likes it?

Congrats to the new family!!!!
Magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!