View Single Post
Old 09-20-2016, 03:57 AM   #9
flybear
Yorkie Yakker

Bella is definitely a special puppy ... All my dogs are family ... we always joke that our first puppy ( age 11 now) is my " first born". People always think all puppies are the same but it is not true - their personalities are just as different as those of humans and it is not possible to change that with training. I fostered a lot of dogs and puppies over the years and some just did not fit into our family. Bella might not be easy to potty train due to her upbringing ( it will take a while - no doubt about it !) but her personality is a good match for us. She is not mouthy - she licks gently, she just loves people big and small and she loves a warm lab to sleep on- she is playful but not hyper. She plays with our other girl and snuggles up with the boys at night. I think she will like to bark which is un-avoidable having a Lhasa as a big brother I guess and ... she IS a yorkie after all but I don't think we could find a better puppy. Our old doggies won't be around forever ( they are 11 and 13 years old) and then Pixie will need a friend to grow old with - my hubby is usually the one complaining abut our " Zoo" but he insists on keeping Bella - so welcome home little girl ... A new harness is ordered and a vet appointment made ... meeting the groomer in 2 weeks ... the last person inquiring about adopting Bella seemed concerned about her ears and tail... - being a protective mom I told them that floppy ears are way cuter and that we love her tail just the way it is ( seriously such an adorable waggy tail :-) ) - this person seriously suggested tail amputation to match the standard .. I hung up on her ...
flybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!