View Single Post
Old 09-18-2016, 03:45 PM   #5
maggiefromnj
YT Addict

Default day one

Thanks for the kind words. She did well. She is urinating and awake. We went to see her and she wagged her tail and we got to hold her but she was pretty sleepy. They are treatig her nice. THe upside of a vet school hospital is that there are a lot of people to watch over the patients and hold them etc. She was getting new bedding (a few folded up blankets) so she's not a on a hard cold cage floor. She can stand, but not walk yet. Today or in the morning they will try oral pain meds and if she doe well she can come home!

She doesn't have staples and the stitches will dissolve. Not sure if she has glue or just stitches, and why some dogs get staples....Maybe that's larger breeds or longer incisions? Luckily they didn't have to cut through muscle. She was due for a bath when this started, so she's not her prettiest....and her grooming is due in 2 weeks which I guess will have to be pushed back....

I'd like to hear more from pets who went through this. It seems as though recovery will be easier than medication alone because she can be out and try to walk, not stuck all the time in a crate. I bought one of those 6 piece baby play-yards that can make an "L" to block the front of the sofa and loveseat while also confining her to the family room. She will be able to sit and look out the back patio door!
maggiefromnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!