View Single Post
Old 09-17-2016, 04:30 AM   #1
flybear
Yorkie Yakker

Default yorkie mom - now what?

Hello Forum :-)

I just adopted a beautiful 9 week old Yorkie puppy - well - kind of ...

I came across this little bundle of joy by chance: I am checking on seniors on a regular base as part of an outreach program. And one of our clients had bought a yorkie puppy. After only about a week or so it became apparent that the elderly lady could not properly care for her new puppy ( who was clearly too young when she left her breeder however that was ) and I was able to convince her to let me " buy" her ... I never had any intentions on becoming a Yorkie parent ... I have 3 small breed dogs but I could not leave the little puppy where she was. My original plan was to find little Bella a new home ( how hard can this be - I have fostered many puppies and mill dogs in the past).
Bella is unbelievably cute, just under 2lb and very cuddly ... in fact she wants to be with me all the time. I never had a puppy that wanted to lay on my lab for hours and cried so horribly when left in her playpen ... Poor baby ...
She eats well and seems healthy but she has no concept yet of going potty outside. I think " outdoors" was new to her - maybe she was raised indoors only? She is mellow and her only " vice" - if you can even call it that is that she obviously has separation anxiety - which is perfectly understandable for a puppy -I am completely torn ... my family and i are falling on love fast but 4(!!!!) dogs - and potty training a tiny dog in winter- I know from experience that it takes a huge effort and commitment to train a puppy - especially one that was allowed to "go" everywhere indoors for most of her life ... but then ... how can a puppy be this cute? My main issue is that I would want Bella in a responsible home with good people - you would not believe what kind of people respond to a " yorkie for adoption" add ... I am so scared she'll end up in a puppy mill or getting re-sold ... I had no idea how expensive Yorkies are around here or how many people apparently want one... She is no fashion accessory but a puppy in need of love and training! Very frustrating! My husband thinks we should just keep her - what is one more right ;-)- she is very submissive and my three other dogs 2 elderly boys and one 6 lb girl don't seem to mind her around ... big decisions ...
Attached Thumbnails
yorkie mom - now what?-img_2603_opt.jpg  
flybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!