View Single Post
Old 09-17-2016, 12:21 AM   #2
JennaPenny
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayzor View Post
Unlike others who tape up the ears, we are taping down our mostly floppy eared yorkie.

I am sure I will get a lot of flack for this, but it seems common to tape them up.

Regardless, how long should I leave the ears taped? My yorkie is 11 weeks.
Um.. no flak. Just, in the research that I read, most of the time the ears go up on their own. very rarely do they not stand up. So, what you're doing is pretty much making the ear muscles atrophy. It's also can be dangerous to tape and can cause infections, enough to where the doc will have to take the skin out of the ears entirely. A painful and very costly procedure. As well as gait and nausea issues along with an infection. At 11 weeks the baby SHOULD have floppy ears. My Chewie came to us at 13 weeks with one ear up, and one ear down. She had both standing up within a month. She uses her ears as little radars, and it horrifies me that she wouldn't be able to. She's a picky girl, but the mornings she wakes up ravenous, which is sometimes, she'll do dominating ears on my daughter to feed her. She'll turn both of her triangles inwards like a furious wolf. They are so expressive with those ears. I really hope you'll reconsider.
JennaPenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!