View Single Post
Old 09-16-2016, 03:08 PM   #13
TxVicki
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
I would be very concerned about the ingredients of the lip gloss and regular ingestion of Vaseline. Neither one is good for dogs to ingest.

If a vet thought this problem doesn't warrant further investigation, I would run to another vet.

Without diagnostic tests -- bloodwork and imaging and physical exam, there is no way of knowing. He could have something very easy to cure, but you won't know if tests are not done.

I'm never thrilled about handing my dogs over to the vet. I also have a fear of going to vets I don't know, like at the ER. One time I thought Max was choking and I had to rush him to the ER. Turned out that he simply had an inflamed throat, but he needed antibiotics to take care of it.

My dad had a mini dachshund who had a problem swallowing and it turned out that he had a sewing needle lodged in his throat. The needle was removed surgically and he lived a full life.

There are always risks with healthcare for both dogs and humans, but the risks of not getting care are far worse.

Find a competent vet you can trust and who will discuss things with you, and help you make informed decisions.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!