View Single Post
Old 09-12-2016, 04:11 AM   #5
gracielove
YT 3000 Club Member

I always try to stress,to new puppy owners to comb their pups every day even though the pup does not appear to need it. They do need the constant handling and feel of grooming instruments in order to train them to accept future grooming without fear.
Using good all natural sulfate free products makes the process so much easier. WEN is good as are the Yorkie Splash and Shine products found on the yorkieshampoo.com website. I'm sure there are other ALL natural products out there as well. Using a good spray conditioner during comb outs helps with snags and makes the whole process easier. The Yorkie Shine product is good for this as it does not make the coat greasy.
Some people will use cornstarch on a mat. Rub it into the matt and use a small metal grooming comb to work it out. I know some people who use coconut oil on mats to help work them out. If worse comes to worse you can snip out the mat. It will save the rest of the coat and the hair will grow back fast enough.
Daily combing (if they appear to need it or not) and good chemical free products, along with the right grooming equipment will keep you baby's coat good looking and healthy and make grooming a less loathsome task. If your groomer will not work with you on this then find a new one or learn to do it yourself. A quick daily comb through will save you and your dog a lot of stress later on.
gracielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!