View Single Post
Old 09-11-2016, 08:29 PM   #14
Lilah Charm
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaPenny View Post
Of course! Let me explain. she's small and I understand how easily dehydration can set in. She's fed twice a day. One snack. So no matter how much fluid I put in, there are hours that she isn't Getting any. Before I'd give her a few helpings of fresh fruit, so she'd get some hydration from that. But, the fact that she gets close to the edge- sticky spit- is a huge concern. It concerns me a lot that she's peeing but no matter what happens, there are literally days that go by before she'll lap out of the bowl. I've marked it, that's how bad it's gotten. What happens when she suddenly refuses her I/D food or boiled food? This has happened in the past. I was told by a doc that if you are at the point where spit is sticky, then dehydration can set in VERY fast. Why, if she's not drinking water is she peeing? Those are valid concerns. Not drinking out of the bowl is a concern, but beyond all of that, dehydration is a big big issue. she will even tip the bowl over if it's ikn her crate for the night. so she wakes up SUPER thirsty and it really shows. Hang on, she's snapping at my daughter and eating the homework. not joke. I can add more later if you have more questions.
I completely understand! Lol, also about having an autistic son and children whose homework is being eaten! How tiny is your little gal? It is hard how very picky these ladies can be! I have definitely spoon fed wet food and Pedialyte, I am grateful we are not on a medically restricted diet- what an amazing challenge you guys have. It sounds like you are doing everything you can to make sure she stays regulated and is in taking fluid and keeping a close and watchful eye on your baby- what a lucky girl!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!