View Single Post
Old 09-11-2016, 06:32 PM   #9
JennaPenny
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilah Charm View Post
I don't see my post so I'm not sure it posted but are you seeing signs of dehydration when she refuses to drink? Do you use a potty pad so you can count pees?

Oh there's my post, I see it now
She pees a lot; not too much but definitely nothing to worry about. we have three pads out, and by the end of the night she has 3-4 spots (and not small ones) on each mat. I saw the post above. No, she's never gotten to that point. When she had pancreatitis, yes, that was a time she was dehydrated. She'll get to the point where she licks our hands and my hand is sticky. Then I'll cluck after her until she angrily drinks about an ounce. This might be from a variety of different things, and it's tedious. The last few days, I've added a few ounces of unsalted broth to her I/D food both meals and snack with some crumbles of boiled hamburger on top. I did it before vet permission, but soon after I posted on here, I saw her message from yesterday afternoon giving me permission to drop some in there. I saw the recipe from above and will probably do that one instead. She won't eat for husband and is NOT pleased with the consistency, but I'm getting the fluid into her that way. I'm very afraid that she'll refuse that and we are back to square one.
JennaPenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!