View Single Post
Old 09-11-2016, 02:12 PM   #1
JennaPenny
YT 500 Club Member

Default I REALLY need help with this

I've tried everything. I mean it. New bowls. unsalted chicken broth. Unsalted beef. Almond milk, Kafir (although it's not for fluid so much) Pedialyte flavored and unflavored. Ice. Room temp water. Cold water. Metal bowl. Plastic bowl. Ceramic bowl. Clear bowl. Waiting her out, and she didn't drink FOR FOUR DAYS. She was drinking, finally, out of her bowl and then my daughter touched it.. and she stopped. Finally got her again, and then she got sick with this latest bout and stopped. I've told the vets. I've been told it's a behavioral issue, and to just wait her out. When she got sick the first time I posted this latest bout, I got the after hours ER docs, and I told the tech my fears, and for the first time insisted that I try the broth, and didn't get told to wait her out. Yeah, well, the doc yanked her off of any food but the I/d and boiled hamburger. Today I caved and gave her a strawberry and she was so dang thirsty she gulped it. Gave her an ice cube, one lick and that was it. Our trainer is aware. The problem is Chewie will drink from our water bottles in front of her only every so often, and stops for days. I don't know if intense therapy is what's supposed to happen or not. I'm rambling, but this really scares me. I know she needs only 4oz a day, but none is a not what she is supposed to be doing. Yes.. it's in her food. That's nice. She needs to drink. I am very tempted to go to whole foods, get strawberry juice, freeze it, and let her do that. I really need ideas.
JennaPenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!